Guidelines for Submitting Proposals
- Step 1: Complete the Individual-Proposal-Participant-Form-for-Submissions (click on the title to open) for any proposal submitted. Carefully note any audiovisual equipment you require before you submit your proposal.
- Step 2: E-mail with Attachments: Submit your proposal via email attachment to the Program Unit Chair/Co-Chairs no later than Friday, January 20th, 2017.
- Step 3: Notification of your proposal acceptance status for the Annual Regional Meeting program will be sent by Friday, February 21st, 2017.
General Participation Requirements at the Regional Meeting
- Membership to AAR, SBL or ASOR is not required to submit a proposal in response to the Call for Papers.
- However all participants must be members in order to present, and all participants accepted to the program must be registered for the Regional Meeting by March 30th, 2017 at 11:59pm.
- You must make your own travel arrangements to St. Mary’s University in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Registration and Housing
- Underemployed colleagues and presenting students may apply for partial scholarship. These scholarships are based on availability and provide underemployed colleagues and presenting students some assistance (not the full amount) for Conference Registration or Saturday’s Banquet dinner. Scholarship availability is dependent upon donations and applicants will be notified of scholarship as they become available. Scholarship applicants should register as requesting PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP on the registration website, and HOLD OFF on registering until they have received final confirmation of award availability and/or award amount. Likewise, colleagues are invited to DONATE (all donations will be anonymous) any amount to the scholarship funds we are trying to make available for conference participants who would otherwise be unable to attend.
- Housing information
Wingate at Wyndham Calgary SOUTH (note the designation SOUTH for the property associated with our conference)400 Midway Park SE,Calgary, AB T2X 3S4 Canada403-541-0900
- All rooms are furnished with 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds and available for a discounted rate of $125/night (Canadian currency). Free Breakfast Buffet, Free WIFI, and the pleasant company of your excellent conference mates, are included in this Wingate by Wyndham lodging experience. Contact Gay Ortega of Group Sales for our PNWAAR/SBL/ASOR rate at 1-403-254-3560
- The discounted rate is property sensitive/direct and secured only by calling the hotel property directly at 1-403-254-3560 and asking for our pre-arranged “Pacific Northwest Conference” rate of $125/night (Canadian currency). Hotel is only required to honor this discount until April 3rd, 2017, thereafter the rate is not guaranteed.
Advanced reservation required to secure rate of:Rate is $125/night Canadian dollarsFree buffet breakfastFree WIFI
Contact Gay Ortega for Group Rates at: 403-254-3560 for your 2017 PNWAAR/SBL/ASOR Conference housing at Wingate at Wyndham Calgary SOUTH.