Registration will open March 4, 2018 – click here to register!
Guidelines for Submitting Proposals
- Step 1: Complete the Individual-Proposal-Participant-Form-for-Submissions (click on the title to open) for any proposal submitted. Carefully note any audiovisual equipment you require before you submit your proposal.
- Step 2: E-mail with Attachments: Submit your proposal via email attachment to the Program Unit Chair/Co-Chairs no later than Tuesday, January 30th, 2018.
- Step 3: Notification of your proposal acceptance status for the Annual Regional Meeting program will be sent by Friday, March 2nd, 2018.
General Participation Requirements at the Regional Meeting
- Membership to AAR, SBL or ASOR is not required to submit a proposal in response to the Call for Papers.
- However all participants must be members in order to present, and all participants accepted to the program must be registered for the Regional Meeting by Thursday, March 29th, 2018 at 11:59pm.
- You must make your own travel arrangements to Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington.
Registration and Housing
- Underemployed colleagues and presenting students may apply for partial scholarship. These scholarships are based on availability and provide underemployed colleagues and presenting students some assistance (not the full amount) for Conference Registration or Saturday’s Banquet dinner. Scholarship availability is dependent upon donations and applicants will be notified of scholarship as they become available. Scholarship applicants should register as requesting PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP on the registration website, and HOLD OFF on registering until they have received final confirmation of award availability and/or award amount. Likewise, colleagues are invited to DONATE (all donations will be anonymous) any amount to the scholarship funds we are trying to make available for conference participants who would otherwise be unable to attend.
- On this website you may register for the conference and conference meals, as well as to make donations and request a partial scholarship for registration or meals, if you are student and/or under employed colleague. Please be sure to include your meal registrations for Saturday lunch and Saturday Banquet Dinner.This year all attendees, as well as presenting participants, and student paper competition candidates, are required to register. Undergraduate student paper candidates register without cost. Additionally, you will have options to register for the conference, Saturday Lunch, Saturday Dinner Banquet, as well as make Donations that will contribute to partial scholarships to empower the participation of graduate students and our colleagues who are underemployed. Please consider giving even a modest contribution that will allow the region to generously to faciitate the participation of those who are unable to attend without assistance.All charges will be calculated in U.S. Dollars. Please regard ALL deadlines with care, as fees are tiered for timely and late registration, with firm catering deadlines that must be honored.
Partial Scholarships for students and underemployed colleagues may be available based on availability of scholarship funds. Scholarship funds are dependent upon donations which can be made anytime via the registration link. If you would like to request a scholarship, DO NOT REGISTER until you have made a scholarship request inquiry to email@example.com and received update about partial scholarship availability. Partial scholarships cannot be applied once a participant has registered. Scholarships will be issued in order of requests received. Partial Scholarship Request Deadline: March 30, 2018.
Travel, housing and meals are the responsibility of each attendee. Please check our website for discounted hotel arrangements at the
- Red Lion Hotel/ Holiday Inn and Freedom Social House to secure our discounted rate of $105/night USD at the Red Lion hotel (which will be under the new management of the Holiday Inn at the time of our conference) is only required to honor this discount until April 20th, 2018, thereafter the rate is not guaranteed. Advanced reservations are required to secure rate of: $105/night US dollars, which includes free wifi and overnight parking.
Our conference is marked by excellent and engaging sessions, including panels and individual presentations, Friday night Presidental Address, Saturday Business Meeting, and Saturday Banquet Dinner and Address by a guest scholar, and finally a Saturday Dessert Reception for both registered conference participants and community members at large.
Currently eleven sections are active:
- Archaeology of the Ancient Near East
- Arts and Religion
- Asian and Comparative Studies
- Hebrew Bible
- History of Christianity/North American Religions
- New Testament and Hellenistic Religions
- Religion and Society
- Study of Islam
- Theology and Philosophy of Religion
- Women and Religion
Special Topics: Mormon Studies
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?Arranging airport tranfers to and from the Red Lion/Holiday Inn hotel or Pacific Lutheran University remains the responsibility of attendees. There is not a shuttle service from the airport to either the hotel of Pacific Lutheran University. However rideshares like Uber and Lyft are available in that area.What about rooming for this event?Housing information
- Red Lion Hotel/ Holiday Inn and Freedom Social House
- 8402 S. HosmerStreetTacoma, WA 98444
- PH 253-548-1212or 1800-733-5466
- All rooms are furnished with 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds and available for a VERY discounted rate of $105 (US currency) CODE PNW Conference. *The discounted rate is ONLY guaranteed until April 20, 2018.
- Included in hotel rate:
- Complementary WIF
- Complementary Overnight Parking
- The pleasant company of your excellent conference mates, are included in this Red Lion Hotel/Holiday Inn and Freedom Social House lodging experience.
- Contact the Front Desk or Virgie Loranzo, Director of Sales at 253-548-1212OR 1800-733-5466 and ask for the “PNW Conference rate.”
The discounted rate is property sensitive/direct and secured only by calling the hotel property directly at 253-548-1212 OR 1800-733-5466 and asking for our pre-arranged “PNW Conference” rate of $105/night (US currency). Hotel is only required to honor this discount until April 20th, 2017, thereafter the rate is not guaranteed.