Pacific Northwest Region of the AAR & SBL
Our establishment has been a successful one, marked by a genuine spirit of good will and professional trust and respect. Since its inception in 1971, one of the most pleasant and prized features of our region is a western persona that is warm and friendly, informal and and welcoming to all. This spirit is all the more treasured when one takes into consideration the wide diversity of our personal religious convictions.
Currently eleven sections are active:
- Archaeology of the Ancient Near East (ASOR)
- Arts and Religion
- Asian and Comparative Studies
- Hebrew Bible
- History of Christianity/North American Religions
- Mormon Studies
- New Testament and the World of Early Christianity
- Religion and Society
- Study of Islam
- Theology and Philosophy of Religion
- Women and Religion
Sections are chaired by appropriate scholars in the region, serving at the request of the executive officers (who welcome suggestions), normally for three-year terms (one term renewable).